Monday, March 21, 2011

Things I love ...

I love my job. And my apartment. And my car.
I love my friends. They're really quite phenomenal. And they always seem to be there for me when I need them. I'd like to think that I return the favor.
I love my kids. And the relationship that I have with their mom.
I love my bed. And the black curtains in my bedroom that prevent me from having any inkling what time of day it is. It's always night there.
I love the night. I'll take a dark night over a sunny day any time.
I love my couch and my TV. Also my surround sound.
I love food. Chicken wings and pizza. Lasagna. Anything Italian, really. Oh, and Mexican. I'm not a fan of Chinese food, but I'll eat it on a special occasion.
I love my pet hedgehog, Liberty. There are some days when the only words I say out loud, I say to her. Of course, she doesn't really respond, but I'd like to think that she knows what I'm saying.
If I don't have to work and I don't leave the house, there are truly days when I don't talk. I sing. I dance. But I don't talk. Well, except to the hedgehog, like I said.
I love knowing who I am. That wasn't always true. There were years when I was trying to figure that out, with no luck.
I love living in a neighborhood where no one else knows who I am. To them, I'm just the guy with the loud music who keeps really weird hours. They don't want to talk politics. Or current events. My relationship with my neighbors stays within the neighborhood itself. We discuss potholes, new roofs and old trees.
I love a bottle of Coca Cola at just the right temperature. It reminds me of a band trip I took in 8th grade, I think. Simpler times when I didn't have to worry about bills or the cost of new tires. I wish I knew what that perfect temperature was. Maybe one in 100 bottles is like that. So every few years I get one.
I love introducing people who are important to me to other people who are important to me. And pray that they'll love each other like I love them both.
I loved the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Buffalo this weekend. I got to do several introductions. I was in my glory.
I love the fact that I finally figured out how to work a NFTA bus route. It took me a week to figure out how to get from Delaware Avenue in Tonawanda to Delaware Avenue in Buffalo. But I finally figured it out.
I loved making friends on the bus. Single serving friends of the Tyler Durden variety.
I love the fact that some of you know who Tyler Durden is. And some of you neither know nor care, but you're still reading this.
I love lamp.
I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my yellow Lab Toby. I love peppermint mochas from Starbucks. I love the ocean. I love chicken wings.

Kim said...

I love my family - the ones I have been priveleged to be born into; my husband and our two sons; and the ones I have adopted along the way, we call each other friends. I love my dogs. I love the sound of the birds singing in the Springtime air and the scent of the wisteria in bloom. I love the brightness of the dogwoods that are currently revelling in their fullest glory. I love the beach and the mountains. I love my country, such as it is, and I love my God.